Sunday, January 23, 2011

This Week with Christiane Amanpour - January 23, 2011

Guests:
Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND)
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
Rep. Chris Gibson (R-NY)
Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-IL)
********************************

Amanpour: Obama is giving a State of the Union address - what will he say?!

Tapper: Obama took a shellacking but now his
poll numbers up!

Gergen: shockingly I think he should move to the center and work with Republicans and businesses

Tapper: and repeal the health care law

Obama: I love fat cats!

Cats: I can haz exportz?

Gergen: His theme should be repealing
dumb regulations

Tapper: but the debt!

Amanpour: it’s a pivotal time for Obama!

Obama: it’s always pivotal Christiane

Amanpour: I will find out what Obama has to do win reelection by talking to three people who couldn’t get reelected

Lieberman: He must take great risks to attack the biggest threat since Ramadan - the debt

Hutchinson: Obamacare caused the lost of six million jobs in 2008

Conrad: we must reduce America’s reliance on foreign energy by being more lazy

Amanpour: all three of you have great records
of working with conservatives - why are you quitting now?

Lieberman: I want to try being widely despised in whole other areas

Amanpour: Are you leaving because no one
likes you?

Lieberman: that has nothing to do with it

Amanpour: Beltway pundits love you

Lieberman: I could have won my election if wanted to

Amanpour: that’s not what I hear

Lieberman: feel the Joementum!

Amanpour: why do people in heart of America hate democrats?

Conrad: because of TARP which Bush did

Amanpour: anything else

Conrad: also people in the Midwest hate
auto companies

Amanpour: Kay you’re too liberal for the Tea Party - are they insane?

Hutchinson: not at all they’re wonderful weirdos

Amanpour: I see

Hutchinson: I would have won also

Amanpour: So you and Joe are both delusional

Hutchinson: I read Tea Party blogs and I’m amazed at how psychotic they are

Amanpour: why do they hate you so much?

Hutchinson: I don’t know - I said the stimulus was just like the Holocaust

Amanpour: the Village cried itself to sleep when
you three retired

Lieberman: the GOP reached out the President on Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

Amanpour: oh really

Lieberman: we need to raise Gross National Confidence

Amanpour: well you’re quitting so that should help

Conrad: we need to cut Social Security and Medicare

Amanpour: what about the military?

Conrad: Chris do you want us to be invaded by North Korea?

Amanpour: Kay who’s your date to the SOTU?

Conrad: I’ll go with you darling

Lieberman: it’s just like high school - no one
wants to sit with me

Amanpour: you idiots are adorable

Amanpour: the President has to work with a new Congress of dentists, pizza makers and
reality tv stars

Schilling: I was amazed to find that Nancy Pelosi isn’t Satan

Lee: I have modest goals - just amend the Constitution to balance the budget

Amanpour: did the Tuscon shooting increase civility?

Schilling: If Obama stops being so mean to Republicans

Lee: If we are nicer to each the shooter wins

Amanpour: what will you cut?

Schilling: Everything

Lee: Taxes!

Amanpour: Okay then

*****************************