Sunday, September 20, 2015

Most Ridiculous Moment - September 20, 2015


"Religious Test"

It was a very exciting day on the Sunday talks shows, with the Pope coming to America, and Democratic and Republican candidates hitting all three networks.

Hillary Clinton was on CBS' Face the Nation, where she was asked about her e-mails, Planned Parenthood, Russia, Syria, refugees and Benghazi, where she, in response, twice mentioned the bombing in Beirut “when President Reagan was in charge.”

She also said, “I cannot imagine anyone being more of an outsider than the first woman president,” and reminded viewers quote “I mean, look, I am a real person.” 
 
Rand Paul was on the same show, and blamed Clinton for the Syria refugee crisis, for “putting arms into that situation.”

On Washington politicians, Paul said “I'm a huge proponent of term limits. I would throw everybody out, myself included. I'm serious.”

Governor Kasich came on NBC to assure everyone he doesn't think all Hispanics are hotel maids, that in fact, “I've got a friend right now who's a doctor,” and “To be clear, I believe that, from top to bottom, Hispanics play a critical role in America, not only today, but going forward.”


He said he believes the President is a Christian but that “I think he tends towards redistribution, taking from those at the top and, you know, kind of the Robin Hood effect.”


Marco Rubio popped up on ABC to push for his health care plan, which is refundable tax credits, and to complain about U.S. airstrikes that “are not, quite frankly, as vibrant as they should be.”

On Meet the Press, when host Chuck Todd pointed out that in the debate, Carly Fiorina didn't tell the truth about Planned Parenthood, conservative debate host Hugh Hewitt said it was okay for Fiorina to lie because her brain wasn't working properly, saying “I believe Carly Fiorina intended to say that if you hear someone talking about this, because they're so terrible, they're so awful, that they get jumbled in your head.”

Donald Trump was ABC and NBC, where he refused to say whether President Obama was born in the U.S. saying “I don't get into it.” When George Stephanopoulos pointed out he raised the issue many times in the past, he said “I haven't raised the question.” And “George, you have raised the question. I haven't raised the question.”

On whether America has a problem with Muslims, he said “certainly it's a problem” and “there is a problem” and “certainly it is a problem.” And “You look around the world, 
it is a problem.” 
 
On Meet The Press, he said there is a problem. I mean, there's no question about it,” and “the fact is, there is a problem with some. And it's a very severe problem. 
And it's a problem that's taking place all over the world.” 
 
On the possibility of a Muslim President, Trump said “Would I be comfortable? I don't know if we have to address it right now,” 
and “some people have said it 
already happened, frankly.”

The acceptability of a Muslim President stumped a few candidates. Rand Paul said quote, it's hard for us, we were attacked by people who were all Muslim,” While Jon Kasich said “You know, I mean, that's such 
a hypothetical question.”

On Meet the Press, Dr. Ben Carson defended his poor performance in the debates, saying you should listen to him quote “when I have an opportunity to say it, in something other than a one-minute sound bite."

On his lack of qualifications for the Presidency, he said “I know a great deal about the brain,” and “I also know a lot 
about the kidney.”

When asked “do you believe that Islam is consistent with the Constitution?” he replied “No, I don't, I do not.” and “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in 
charge of this nation. I absolutely would 
not agree with that.”

So, it's okay for a President to lie if their head is jumbled, Donald Trump knows some fabulous Muslims but there is a severe problem with Muslims in America and worldwide, and although the Constitution specifically forbids a religious test for office, Islam is not consistent with the Constitution, and all Muslims are disqualified from the Presidency. And that's the most ridiculous thing that happened this Sunday.

No comments: